Food item or dish of the moment ...

Keeping to a theme for recipe gathering within a blog atmosphere is the goal. This will be a building listing of free recipes I find along with any you would like to share. You can share a complete recipe or simply give a link to one elsewhere.

So to get the ball rolling I'm going to start this with one of my favorites.


The Lobster

How To Prepare A Live Lobster- Great article by blogger Shirley showing the luxury way of cooking amongst other things.

King Crab Stuffed Maine Lobster Tails- Brought to you by the one and only Lobstergram Blog. A step by step video included!

Lobster Macaroni and Cheese- We may need to put the lobster aside and feed the kids first for this one :)

Lobster Bisque Recipes- Nice website called "GroupRecipes" where individuals submit their recipe for critique and ratings.

Red Lobster Recipe Collections- Very informative website all about cooking, the nutritional values, how to eat and rules for preparing, handling and storing lobsters. Oh and yes... a very large list of recipes for this delectable creature.

BBQ Lobster Ideas- From gone-ta-pott.com. They agree mostly to cook with bellies up and have a few good sauce ideas.

I spent 10 years in the fishing business mostly catching lobster either as a deck hand on a fellow fisherman's boat or my own I bought in 1996. "Michelle Joan" was her name... A beautiful craft of cedar on oak built in Nova Scotia in '64. Well... That's another story. As you could imagine, lobster was served at our dinner table more than once.
My favorite memory however was the time we brought lobsters camping. The folks at the next campsite watched on (with their hot dogs in hand) and finally came over to ask the big question: How do you barbecue lobster? The heck if I knew I thought :) All I did was remove their bands, dowse them in a little white wine, double wrap them in aluminum foil and throw them on the grill belly up. As soon as they smelled good they were removed. Mmmmm. You can eat lobster without butter and garlic if they're barbecued this way!


My Favorite Lobster Videos on YouTube


Recommended Reading:
Totally Lobster Cookbook

Comments